Friday, July 10, 2015

 
Blueberry Muffins & Almond Crumb!
 
 
I went to Barnes & Nobles the other day and of course, I plopped my butt down right in the middle of the cookbook section. I was particularly looking for a blueberry muffin recipe cause I had blueberries and the shelf right next to me was holding, the ever so American classic Magnolias Bakery Cookbook!
I know, what a coo-winkie-dink.
 
Anyway, are you one of those people who secretly takes pictures of a recipe to try out before you actually buy the book? Cause I totally do and I can say that I will be purchasing the cookbook.
 
So that means that the recipe is straight from the Magnolias Bakery Cookbook. It's the blueberry muffin recipe and the almond crumb is from the strawberry oat bars. I did change that recipe a bit because I didn't have oatmeal but I did have left over ground almonds from making macarons. So, I thought why the heck not?
 
So to start off preheat your oven to 350 degrees and start preparing all da ingredientz!
 
For the Almond Crumb:
( I took the original recipe and divided into four and it was the perfect amount.)
 
about a 1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of ground almonds
1/8th of a cup of brown sugar
a little less than a 1/3 of a cup of confectioners sugar 
pinch of cinnamon
1/2 stick of butter
 
My beautiful mathematic calculations for your viewing pleasure.
 

Clockwise:
flour, brown sugar, ground almonds, confectioners sugar, and in the center, the buttah! 
 
 
 Literally all you do is dump everything into a bowl and mix it until you get...
 

THIS!!!
 



Now onto the Blueberry Muffins! You will need:
 
3 cups Flour
¾ cups Sugar, Plus 1 Tablespoon For Sprinkling On Top
1-½ Tablespoon Baking Powder
¾ teaspoons Salt
1-½ cup Buttermilk (whole milk and a squeeze of lemon) ;) I got you.
2 whole Large Eggs, Beaten
6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted, and slightly cooled
1-½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1-½ cup Blueberries, Dried And Lightly Coated With Flour
 
 
 
Separate the some flour to coat the blueberries.



I froze the blueberries because that will prevent the blueberries from bleeding to much into the muffin and you will be less prone to breaking them when folding them in.






Then get all the wet ingredients and mix together. 


 
 
Make a well and dump in all the wet except for the blueberries.
 

 
 
Mix briefly, then fold in the blueberries covered in flour.
 
 
Scoop into prepared muffin tin and bake for 20-22 mins.
 



Ta-daaaa! They look pale but thats the camera. I swear. They taste exactly like blueberry muffins but the almond crumb makes it taste a little bit more fancy. Like fancy enough for your pinky to be up. :D Not kidding though.
 
It makes 12 muffins or 16 cupcake sized muffins.
 


See, I told you. Not that pale.
 


 

I added a nice sugary drizzle because I wanted them a touch more sweeter plus it looks so freaking good with it.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment