Monday, June 30, 2014

Being that it is summertime what better way to enjoy it other than fruity drinks, fresh food, and copious amounts time spent on the beach? My family and I have been buying so much fruit of all different kinds my counter has no more space but in a good way. I have been  making a whole bunch of juices and we drink it faster than I can make them. The one that I had last night was my dads papaya drink. Its AMAZING! Seriously I urge you to try it. I actually hate papayas and was super skeptical to try it but once I took my first sip I had 3 tall glasses of them and now looking back I don't regret it. 

This drink is super easy to make the only things that you will need is : 
1/2 of  a ripe papaya
1 cup evaporated milk 
1/2 cup of sugar
2 cups ice ( 14 cubes) 
4 cups of ice cold water 
 A blender 
A strainer 

The first thing that you want to do is scoop out the papaya into the blender along with the evaporated milk and sugar. Don't worry about having such coarse sugar granules they will disappear. I swear. 
Then blend it to a super smooth consistency which won't take very long. 
After that you are gonna add the ice about 1/2 at a time just to ensure that all the ice is pulverized and that everything stays smooth. 
After that put it through a strainer and add the water. 
TA-DA!!!!!!
The amazing and brilliant fruity concoction that is this papaya creation is ready to be gulped down. 
Is it bad that I love a drink this much? I don't think so. I might be wrong though. 

I drank this along side a mozzarella, tomato, and basil sandwich for dinner. The sandwich totally looks small but I had two. No shame. 





No comments:

Post a Comment