Friday, October 30, 2015

Pumpkin Cupcakes and Cinnamon Cream Cheese! 

I think most people have already had a pumpkin overload. It feels like once it becomes pumpkin season, everything and anything pumpkin comes flying in your face. I personally love it and was feeling especially in the mood this weekend. I have yet to have something pumpkin and I was feeling like cupcakes. I searched for days to look for the perfect pumpkin cupcake recipe and i can proudly say it hit the spot. I was actually nervous picking this recipe out cause it was so easy to make and super fast. But once they came out and i piped them... oh my god they were so good. 
















Ingredients

1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Pinch of ground cloves
¾ cup canned pumpkin
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup dark brown sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
2 eggs

The first thing you want to do is to mix all your dry ingredients into one bowl. So that would be your flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Then in a separate bowl you want to mix in your pumpkin, both sugars, oil, and eggs. Finally you want to dump your flour mixture in your wet mixture and mix until combined. 
Once you spoon them in the cupcake liners pop them into the oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes. 


Once they were done, I let them cool while I made my cream cheese frosting. The recipe I used was my normal cream cheese frosting. Which is:

8 ounces softened cream cheese 
6 tablespoons butter 
2-3 cups of confectioners sugar 
1 teaspoon vanilla 

Then i just added cinnamon to taste just to make it go better with the pumpkin cupcakes. I just put a touch less than a tablespoon and they came out perfect. 

:) 

What is your favorite pumpkin sweet? 

I got the recipe here:
http://www.browneyedbaker.com/pumpkin-cupcakes-with-cream-cheese-frosting/

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, why have I never thought about making pumpkin cupcakes before! What a great idea, sounds delicious as well. Would love to try to make a plant-based version of this!

    Rae of Love from Berlin
    Bloglovin' // instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That would be soo awesome! You could use coconut flour and apple sauce instead of eggs! :D

      Delete