Saturday, January 23, 2016

Oatmeal & Cranberry Cookies! 

I can honestly tell you that when I was little I hated oatmeal cookies with a burning passion. I hated the oatmeal but the worst was the raisins. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE, ITS RIDICULOUS! There is no way around them. If you pick them  out all you would have left would be remnants of a cookie you wish was chocolate chip. Its a total travesty. 

HOWEVER! My dad loves oatmeal cookies and had requested them this week. So off to the lab I call my kitchen to convert all my oatmeal raisin anger into some creative energy.

My first mission was those freaking raisins. I switched them for cranberries. Less sweet, more tart! Its key! Oatmeal raisin cookies are too sweet for me and the balance the cranberries give is just a perfect balance.

Next! Those oatmeal chucks in my cookie are insane! Grind those bad boys up. Give them some texture other than huge. Take out all your hate for them and go at them. Knife, blender, magic bullet, doesn't matter just go for it! This idea came from my cousin. You'll soon learn she the OG Master who will take over the world.    

The combo of these two things made this cookie taste like and I quote crack cocaine. I do agree though. 


 




Grind those oats!



How the butter and sugar creamed together should look like. 



What it should look like when you add your eggs. 






Ingredients

1 cup of flour 
1 Tablespoon of cinnamon 
1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking soda 
1 1/4 teaspoon of Salt 
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar 
1/4 Cup of White Sugar 
10 Tablespoons of Butter
2 eggs 
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla 
2 cups of Oats 
1 Cup of cranberries 

1.) Mix all your dry ingredients in a bowl, which is your flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. 

2.) In your mixer or bowl beat the softened butter and sugar till creamy and pale. 

3.) Throw in your eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated. No more than "incorporated"! I mean it! Just trust me. I got you.

4.) Next throw in all your dry ingredients.

5.) Lastly throw in your grinded oats and cranberries. 

6. )Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit. I had them in for 18 mins cause mine were pretty big. You pretty much want it to puff up in the center and have gold edges. You want them to be underdone so that you can cool them on the pan and they will still be chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. They stayed this way for three days straight. After that I couldn't tell you cause by then they were all gone.  

P.S.- If you're experiencing blizzard Jonas, be safe! Stay inside and have a calm and chill day! I'll be baking some bread to make Philly cheese steak sandwiches for dinner.

:) 

2 comments:

  1. Alexandra! They look so yummy!
    I'll need to give this recipe a go because I've never tried oatmeal cookies before :)
    xx

    Kaylee | JK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Let me know how they come out! :)

      Delete